Are you wondering about choosing the best air purifier for the dorm room? There are several airborne toxins present in the dorn room which needs to be clean.
It is essential to be in healthy air, and one of the best ways is using a dorm room air purifier.
In this article, We’ll be guiding the essential requirements and factors to consider before buying the best air purifier for a dorm room.
Top 7 Best Air purifier for Dorm Room
1. Blue air Blue pure 411 Twin Air Purifier
- Color White
- Brand Blueair
- Item Dimensions8 x 8 x 16.7 inches
- Floor Area 100 Square Feet
- Controller Button Control
- Weight 11.97 pounds
- ASIN B07CV1H65W
The Blue air Blue pure 411 Twin Air Purifier will be our priority for the best air purifier for college dorm rooms. It features 3 stage filtration technology that can absorb nearly 99.97 toxic pollutants (dander, dust, odor, allergies, smoke) in your dorm room.
This “Blue air Blue pure 411 Twin Air Purifier” comes in the dimensions of 8×8×16 inches. The weight of this air purifier is nearly 12 pounds. At the same time, it takes 100 square feet as its floor area.
One of the benefits of this air purifier is its 360° absorbent technology, alleviating the direction issues. Generally, dorm rooms are pretty small and contain volatile organic compounds, toxic airborne pollutants, etc., that this air purifier can easily remove.
Also, its 3 stage filtration doesn’t allow any allergies, smoke, odor to pass over it without getting caught straight away. One of the best things about this air purifier is its noise-free working.
- 3-Stage filtration Technology contains two washable pre-filter and a fabric pre-filter, and an activated carbon filter that captures nearly 99.97% of destructive pollutants like dust, smoke, odor, and airborne allergies, etc.
- 360° Absorbent technology – This technology alleviates the problems associated with the direction setup.
2. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
- Color Charcoal Gray
- Brand Winix
- Dimensions LxWxH 8×15×23 inches
- Item Weight 15.4 Pounds
- Controller Remote
- ASIN B01D8DAYII
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier contains three air filters that eliminate germs, smoke, viruses, odor, mold, etc., from your dorm room. It is capable of cleaning a room of 360 square feet. The most iconic feature is it’s quit working. Therefore, it is one of the best choices for sleeping in small dorm rooms.
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier is 23 inches high, and it weighs 15 pounds. The air outlet grill is introduced at the top section to provide fresh air directly. A control panel to adjust fan speed, timer, and a filter indicator is provided in the upper section of the air purifier.
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier features 3 stage filtration system. The pre-filter captures large toxins like dust, hair, lint, etc. The second is a true HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of airborne toxic pollutants like spores, pollen, germs, bacteria, viruses. The third is activated carbon that eliminates smoke, odor, airborne poisonous gases, harmful chemicals.
This air purifier is one of the best air purifiers for dorm rooms due to its effective air cleaning without noise. Also, this air purifier is AHAM verified and is available at an affordable price. The maximum power consumption of this air purifier is 78 watts which is pretty remarkable.
- Noise-free room – Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier features 28 decibels noise level at low speed of the fan. While the maximum noise level is nearly 58 decibels.
- Smart sensor – There’s an auto mode and intelligent sensor to adjust fan speed and gauge the air according to the needs.
- CADR Rated – It can cover a 360 square feet area. It is recommended for medium and small dorm rooms. It also features a silent mode.
3. SilverOnyx Air Purifier
- Color Black
- Brand SILVER ONYX
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 10.5 x 10.5 x 16.5 inches
- Power Source AC
- Item Weight 2.32 Kilograms
- Asin – B06XG4Z87P
SilverOnyx Air Purifier is one of the most affordable best dorm room air purifiers. It features an authentic HEPA, an activated carbon filter, an ionizer, UV-C light filter at an affordable and reasonable cost. SilverOnyx Air Purifier can clean 500 square feet of area.
SilverOnyx Air Purifier comes in a cylindrical shape with 10 inches of width and 13 inches of height, and 5.1 pounds of weight. The size of this air purifier is pretty tiny; you can keep it anywhere in the room. To clean the whole room, you need to keep it in the center of the room for maximum air purifying.
SilverOnyx Air Purifier features 5 stage filtration that includes a pre-filter to capture sizeable particles like human and pet hair, dust. The second is a true HEPA filter that removes 99.97% of small airborne toxins like pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, bacteria.
The third is an activated carbon filter that absorbs cigar smoke, wildfire smoke, odor, smell, other harmful chemicals. An ionizer kills the airborne toxins allergies. And the UV-C light filter helps in eliminating spores and mold.
SilverOnyx Air Purifier has got great fan power that can clean up to 500 square feet of area. The clean air delivery rate (CADR) is nearly 83 CFM. It is the quietest best air purifier for a dorm room in 2021. The minimum noise it makes is 25 decibels, while the maximum noise is nearly around 56 decibels which is remarkable.
- True HEPA H13 Charcoal filter eliminates 99.67% of small airborne pollutants ( as small as 0.3 microns). It plays a significant role in removing small airborne contaminants like dust, odor, and other household dust.
- 5 Stage filtration System – SilverOnyx Air Purifier features advanced air cleaning due to its five times filtered air purification. A combination of 5 filters freshens up the air of the room. It includes a pre-filter, a true HEPA H13 charcoal filter, an ionizer, an activated carbon filter, UV-C light filter.
4. Alen T500 Air Purifier
- Color White
- Brand Alen
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 10 x 6 x 22 inches
- Item Weight 9 Pounds
- Control Method Touch
- ASIN B00WWTTVU2
Alen T500 Air Purifier eliminates allergies for a lifetime period. It offers a 4 stage air purification to kill mold, germ, smoke, cooking odor. It can clean 500 square feet of area in just 2 hours. It’s one of the best air purifiers for dorm rooms when it comes to power.
Alen T500 Air Purifier has a tower design with 22 inches of height and 6 inches of width, and 9 pounds of weight. It can quickly move according to your requirements. One can feel fresh air directly as its air intake grill is at the back, and the air outlet grill is at the front. To operate this air purifier, there’s an LCD screen with some essential functions.
Alen T500 Air Purifier offers 3 stage filtration with a unique four-layered HEPA filter. The first is a washable pre-filter to capture large toxins like dust, hair, lint, etc. The HEPA pure filter removes 95% of small airborne particles ( as small as 0.3 microns) like pollen and dust mites.
The HEPA fresh filter and an activated carbon filter eliminate foul odor, smell, and toxic gases. There’s an upgraded version of HEPA, a HEPA silver filter to remove mold, spores, and bacterias. A HEPA odor cell to protect you from airborne allergies and viruses.
Alen T500 Air Purifier can clean up to 500 square feet of area. It features ACH (Air Changes per hour rating) is 1X to 5X. The CADR (Clean air delivery rate) is 142 dust, 159 pollen, and 121 smoke.
The power consumption of Alen T500 is 53 watts at high fan speed, which is reasonable. The minimum noise level of this air purifier is 42 decibels, and the highest noise level is 56 decibels.
- Features 4 layer HEPA filter – The air quality of this air purifier can be the judge after seeing its innovative filtration. It has four layered HEPA filters: HEPA pure filter, HEPA fresh filter, HEPA silver filter, and HEPA Odorcell filter.
- Low maintenance – This air purifier doesn’t demand regular filter replacement, which is quite relaxing. It’s simple to adjust and available at decent pricing.
5. Germ Guardian Air Purifier
- Color White
- Brand GermGuardian
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 9.65 x 15.95 x 20.87 inches
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Item Weight 13 Pounds
- ASIN B073X5MT5N
Germ Guardian Air Purifier is AHAM verified purifier that offers 4 in 1 quality. It can clean a room of 338 square feet of area. However, it is pretty noisy as compared to other air purifiers, sounds similar to light rain. Although, other features of this air purifier are unmatchable.
Germ Guardian Air Purifier comes in 20 inches of height and 9 inches of width, and 13 pounds in weight. It consists of a bare bottom to top airflow pattern. To clean maximum pollutants present in the dorm room, a large air intake grille is used in the front section. At the same time, the air outlet grill is present at the top area with a control panel.
It is pretty lightweight; you can place it anywhere in the room. Germ Guardian Air Purifier features 3 stage filtration system along with a UC sanitizer. It consists of a pre-filter to capture sizeable particle-like hair, etc. An activated carbon filter eliminates dust, lint, smoke, fur, kitchen odor, and toxic chemicals.
The true HEPA filter captures nearly 99.97% of small airborne pollutants such as mold, mildew, pet dander, pollen, germs, bacteria, and small particles as 0.3 microns. The UV-C sanitizer work to kill bacteria and germs.
Germ Guardian Air Purifier’s air change per hour rating (ACH) is 4X, which means it can clean up to 338 square feet in 15 minutes. This air purifier’s CADR (Clean air delivery rate) is great, 220 dust, 215 pollen, 218 smoke.
One considerable thing about this air purifier is its noise, as it contains large fans, so the noise level is also quite large. The lower noise levels are 40 decibels, and the highest is 50 decibels. The maximum power consumption of this air purifier is 83 Watt due to the UV light bulb present in it.
- 4 in 1 Air purifier – Pre-filter traps allergens like dust, pet hair. UV C light helps to kill airborne toxins such as staph, rhinovirus, influenza and reduces volatile organic compounds. True HEPA filter eliminates 99.9% of small airborne pollutants. An activated carbon filter captures smoke, cooking fumes, odor.
6. Okaysou AirMic4S Air Purifier
- Color White
- Brand Okaysou
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 8.7 x 8.7 x 11.9 inches
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Item Weight 6.6 Pounds
- ASIN B07YZ8QJ4P
Okay, so AirMic4S Air Purifier is a medical-grade air purifier. It is effective against mold, smoke, and a foul odor due to its Ultra Dou True HEPA H13 and an activated carbon filter. It’s pretty powerful and can clean up to 300 square feet of area in 30 minutes. More than 1000 customers are satisfied with its quality on Amazon.
Okay, so AirMic4S Air Purifier has a cubic design along with 12 inches of height and 8.7 inches of width, and 6.6 pounds weight. The air intake grill is present at both sides to suck the polluted air, and the air outlet grill is present at the top to deliver the fresh air directly to you. There’s a beautiful control panel with multiple options such as filter replacement reminder, fan speed settings, a night light & night mode.
Okay, so AirMic4S Air Purifier is super lightweight to carry anywhere in the room. It uses 3 stage filtration system to clean the room Completely. The pre-filter captures large particle likes pet & human hair, and it helps in protecting the primary filter.
The H13 HEPA eliminates small airborne pollutants (as small as 0.3 microns) like pollen, dust mites, germs, spores, bacteria, etc. And the activated carbon filter absorbs toxic gases, kitchen fumes, lousy odor, and harmful chemicals.
The ACH (Air clean per hour rating) is 2X and 4X according to the area of your dorm room. At the same time, the CADR (Clean air delivery rate) of this air purifier is 74 CFM in general. It’s one of the quietest air purifiers for a dorm room, its minimum noise level at low fan speed is 24 decibels, and the highest is 51 decibels. Its power consumption is deficient, it just takes 24 watts to work. All these features make this air purifier the best air purifier for dorm rooms.
- Offer four optional replacement filters as a bonus – It offers four optional replacement filters based on your surrounding air quality.
- Silent boost Technology – This technology allows you to purify your dorm room air at silent mode at only 24 decibels of noise. It provides an undisturbed sleeping experience to the user.
7. Oransi OV200 Air Purifier
- Color White
- Brand Oransi
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 15 x 7 x 24 inches
- Item Weight 10 Pounds
- Control Method Touch
- ASIN B06VVV7SBY
Oransi OV200 Air Purifier has a modern design with ten years of warranty. It’s a pretty fashionable and classy air purifier along with super lightweight. Along with attractiveness, the air purifier offers a True HEPA filter to effectively eliminate spores, bacteria, and viruses.
Oransi OV200 Air Purifier comes in a modern design with 23 inches of height and 7 inches of width and 10 pounds of weight. It follows a traditional bottom-to-top airflow delivery system. The air intake grill is available at the front panel. There’s a control panel at the upper section to adjust fan speed, timer, and filter replacement indicator.
Oransi OV200 Air Purifier is capable of cleaning an area of 400 square feet in 15 minutes. It features a CADR (Clean air delivery rate) of 160 CFM in general. The maximum power consumption of the Oransi OV200 Air Purifier is nearly around 60 Watt which is quite reasonable.
It features a standard noise level of 30 decibels at low fan speed and 50 decibels at high fan speed. It’s one of the most top-rated best air purifiers for dorm rooms in 2021.
- Certified ozone-safe – It is a certified air purifier that doesn’t create excessive ozone.
- Easy to Use – It’s a pretty low maintenance sir cleaner with easy-to-use settings. The electronic control has a child lock, and it’s easy to use.
Key features to look at before buying the best air purifier for dorm rooms.
Several factors should be considered before choosing to buy. Some of the critical factors include:-
- Size compatible: There are various specific air purifier designs to clean a particular room of size. Always consider the size of your room before buying an air purifier.
- Noise levels: Many air purifiers produce an unbearable noise which becomes quite uncomfortable, especially at night. So always check the noise levels. The average good range at low fan speed should be 24-26 decibels, and for high 54-26 decibels.
- Filtration: Always check the filtration system of your air purifier. There are various technologies have been introduced regarding it. So choose your air purifier wisely.
- Ozone emission: Some of the air purifier generates excessive amount of ozone infiltration process which cause chest pain and throat problems and isn’t safe at all.
Are air purifiers allowed in dorms?
Yes, air purifiers are allowed to use in dorm rooms. Even some units encourage to use of air purifiers. An air purifier cleans all the dust and airborne pollutants like dust and smoke, etc., and freshen up the air quality of your dorn room. However, usage of microwave and air fryer in a dorm room is doubtful. At the same time, there’s a clean chit to use an air purifier in your dorm room.
How can I improve air quality in my dorm room?
There are several ways to improve the air quality of your dorm room, and using an air purifier is the preferable one. Air purifier helps immensely to improve the quality of air in your dorm room. It eliminates all the airborne toxic pollutants from your room and enables you to breathe freely and more comfortably. Although there are some several ways as well, that includes
• Minimising mold risk by removing moisture leading things like a wet towel, etc.
• Skip regular usage of scents
• Don’t smoke in your dorm room
• Make sure that your dorm room is well ventilated.
Why are air purifiers bad for you?
Not all air cleaners and purifiers are bad for your health and your family. Some of the air purifiers generate an excessive amount of ozone infiltration process which causes chest pain and throat problems and isn’t safe at all.
Where should I place my air purifier?
It depends on you, to get direct fresh air, you can place it near you. Since air purifiers are movable, they can be moved at your convenience.
Can air purifiers prevent coronavirus (Covid-19)?
Unfortunately No, there isn’t any evidence that an air purifier can prevent coronavirus. However, it can remove various small airborne viruses as small as 0.3 microns. But there’s not any specific study on air purifiers about stopping the coronavirus.
How long does it take an air purifier to clean a room?
It depends on the ACH and CADR of the air purifier and the size of the room. Generally, an air purifier will take 15 minutes to 1 hour to clean the space thoroughly.
The lack of proper ventilation in your dorm room may cause severe health issues. There are various airborne toxic pollutants that can be produced due to improper ventilation. So the need of the best air purifier for your dorm room is necessary. In this article, we discussed all the details regarding it. I hope you like it.